1. People who “hate” foods they’ve never tried.
Anne: Ew, gross. How can you eat raw fish?
Foodie: It’s delicious. Have you ever tried sushi?
Anne: No, never. I hate sushi.
2. Dining out with someone who’s on a diet.
Joy: I think I’m just going to have an appetizer.
Foodie: Okay, well I hope you brought a book to read while I enjoy my second and third courses.
3. People who think Ramen Noodles are solely a college student’s cuisine.
Joe: You’re eating Ramen? Are you poor?
Foodie: I topped it with steak…
4. Having to eat an entree at a wedding reception.
Foodie: I’ll just fill up on cocktail hour hors d’oeuvres, then smear the dinner around my plate to look like I ate some of it.
5. Coworkers who bring peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch.
Mark: Mmm, this is so good. I’ve eaten the same thing for lunch since third grade.
Foodie: Can this day get more depressing?
6. Chain restaurants that have recently discovered avocado, or kale, and use it as a marketing strategy.
commercial: Try our new chicken wrap (which is really our old chicken wrap but now with… avocado!)
7. People who can’t pronounce quinoa.
Mary: What’s a kin-o-wah salad?
Foodie: I don’t know.